The purpose of the Ambassador program is to provide a leadership opportunity for students to develop professional skills while serving Eastfield College in an honorary position that builds relationships with students and our community members. Ambassadors represent Eastfield College at community events such as banquets, school visits, and ceremonies.
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills, network with college and community members and leaders, and build a professional resume while attending college
- Practical experience and personal application in pubilc relations
- Increase in confidence and self esteem
- Satisfaction in being part of a team that makes a difference in the lives of others
- Provides opportunities for students to exhibit “servant leadership”
- Must be a student in good standing with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Must have completed a minimum of 12 hours at Eastfield College.
- Must be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership and involvement in campus life
Selection Criteria and Process:
- Applications will be reviewed and scored by a committee of Eastfield College faculty and staff
- Highest scoring applicants will be called to interview with the committee
- Applicants will be scored on professional appearance, communication skills and effective speaking skills, enthusiasm for Eastfield College, and sincerity in representing Eastfield College as an ambassador.
- Applications must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 8. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Interviews will be conducted Monday-Wednesday, May 18-20.
- Applicants will be notified by May 22.
Required Training Sessions:
Two to four training will be conducted throughout the summer and will be scheduled at times convenient to all Ambassadors.
During the Fall and Spring semester, Ambassadors are strongly encouraged to build their class schedule allowing for at least two mornings (8:00 a.m. to 10:00) free. Additional training sessions will also be scheduled at least once a month on Wednesdays at 3:00 p.m.