- Must hold a Current and valid Texas Peace Officer (TCOLE) license.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have graduated from high school or equivalent.
- Law enforcement experience preferred, but not required.
- Have a CPR/AED certification or be able to attain one.
- Be certified in baton and OC Spray.
- Must pass a drug test, psychological testing, physical agility test, use of force scenario test, and background investigation to the satisfaction of the department.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, have physical stamina, and be able to work in inclement weather conditions, as well as be able to with stand extended periods of walking.
Applicant Processing Steps:
- Physical agility test
- Preliminary Interview
- Use of Force Scenario
- Background Check
- Interview Board
- HR Criminal Background Check
- Automated Fingerprint Criminal Background Check through F.A.C.T
- Psychological Examination
- Medical/Drug Screen
- Background Investigation
Physical Agility Test Requirements:
- Bench Press (1 rep – 50 pounds)
- Push-ups – (minimum of 18 in 1 minute)
- Sit-ups – (minimum of 27 in 1 minute)
- 1.5 Mile Run (minimum of 15 minutes 20 seconds)
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
Click on the following link: http://www.dcccd.edu/Emp/Departments/BusinessAffairs/HR/CompBen/Ben/Pages/default.aspx
To find out if the police department has any posted positions, click here:
For instructions on how to apply, click here: