The Eastfield College Library's Group Study Rooms provide DCCCD students with a semi-private place to study and collaborate with each other. All Group Study Room users are expected to abide by the following guidelines. The Library reserves the right to refuse the use of the Group Study Rooms to groups who violate these guidelines.
- Rooms may be reserved by a currently enrolled DCCCD student only.
- A minimum of two students, one of whom must be a currently enrolled DCCCD student, must remain in the study room at all times.
- Groups may have rooms in two hour increments. The room may be renewed every two hours by the patron at the Circulation Desk, if available. Failure to renew the room can result in forfeiture of the room.
- Rooms must be vacated 15 minutes prior to library closing.
- Noise should be kept to a minimum. The windows of the Group Study Room should be remain uncovered and lights should be on at all times.
- Students may use the Group Study Rooms for study only. FOR CLUB OR STUDENT MEETINGS, PLEASE CONTACT OFFICE OF STUDENT ENGAGEMENT & RETENTION (OSER) EXT. 7199, ROOM C237.
- Any commercial use of the Study Room, such as a setting from which to conduct a private practice, is prohibited.
- The student who signed for the room should notify the Circulation staff when the group is finished with the room. Room key must be returned at that time or a BLOCK will be placed on the account and a fee of $25.00 accessed to the student.
- Advance reservation are restricted to Eastfield student groups.
Group Study Room Capacities
For the comfort and safety of students, the following Group Study Room capacities apply:
- L209: 6 person capacity
- L210: 6 person capacity
- L211: 8 person capacity
- L212: 8 person capacity
Effective Date: 11.2004 | Revision Date: 09.2016