ADA /504 Compliance Officer
Dr. Adrian Douglas, Vice President of Business Services
- Complaints or appeals specifically related to services for students with disabilities authorized by the Disability Services Office as required under the Americans with Disabilities Act should be addressed to the Director of Disability Services.
- A complaint is to be filed in writing. This complaint should contain the name and address of the person filing it, and briefly describe the nature of the complaint. A grievance is initiated by completing and submitting the ADA Grievance Form.
- A complaint should be filed within 30 days after the complainant becomes aware of the alleged violation.
- An investigation, as may be appropriate, shall follow a filing of complaint. The ADA Compliance Officer shall conduct the investigation. These rules refer to an informal but thorough investigation, affording all interested persons and their representatives, if any, an opportunity to submit documentation relative to a complaint.
- A written determination as to the validity of the complaint and a description of the resolution, if any, shall be issued by the ADA Compliance Officer and a copy forwarded no later than 30 days after it is filed.
- Students may further appeal any of these decisions to the College President by completing the ADA Grievance Appeal Form. The decision of the President will be issued within 30 days and shall be final.
A student has a right to file directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) at any time.
The Statute of Limitations for filing a complaint with OCR is 180 days from the time the incident occurred.