In order to qualify for a tuition exemption you must:
- Be a Texas resident as defined by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board rules
- Be a high school graduate or its equivalent (GED)
- Be either deaf or blind -
(Deaf is defined as a person whose sense of hearing is nonfunctional for normal conversation after all necessary medical treatment, surgery, and use of hearing aids are utilized. Blind is defined by Section 91.051(5) of the Human Resources Code.)
The following documents will be required:
1. Certification of disability
- From the Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (DARS) or the Office for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services (DHHS)
2. Letter of recommendation
- From a principal, public official, instructor, or otherwise responsible person.
3. Written statement of purpose
- Describe your reason for attending Eastfield College and your plan academic or vocational goals.
4. Proof of high school graduation or equivalent (GED)
Incomplete packets will not be accepted. Once approved, documentation does not need to be resubmitted; however the waiver does not apply to tuition automatically. Contact DSO each semester in order to have the waiver applied to your tuition.