|ADMINISTRATION||972-860-7173||Karla Greer, Dean of Educational Resources|
- COPY MACHINES Students, staff, and the public use. 10¢ per letter and legal size page. Account setup is activated prior to use, for a minimum of $1.00, in bills only. Print refunds are given for machine malfunction only. Librarian assistance is available for any printing and copying problem.
- COMPUTER PRINTERS Students, staff, and the public use. 10¢ per letter size, and legal size page. Account setup is activated prior to use, for a minimum of $1.00, in bills only. Forgotten password? Librarian assistance is available for any printing and copying problem.
- PATRON KIOSK Students, staff, and public use. Create, and add value to an existing print account. Located to the left of the the Library entrance. Accounts are activated prior to use, for a minimum of $1.00, in bills only. Librarian assistance is available for account setup.
- GROUP STUDY ROOMS Students, faculty and staff. Small groups of 2 to 8. Proof of registration may be required. Reserve in advance via telephone or at the Information Services Desk. see: Guidelines for Group Study Rooms.
- INTERNET ACCESS During periods of high demand, user priority is given to Eastfield College students for assignment completion, research and the use of instructional applications. Minors under the age of 18, not affiliated with Eastfield College may not use computers, or accompany their guardian into the Library's computer areas. see Guidelines for Computer Use Policy, Guidelines for Minors Use Policy
- REFERENCE ASSISTANCE is available at the library Information Service Desk, Ask a Librarian email access, and by telephone (972-860-7174). Distance Learners have access to Reference assistance through Help and Ask a Librarian. Individual assistance is available in:
- Defining a research topic, how to narrow or broaden the focus
- Search terms for the best results
- Locating information on specific topics
- Databases selection
- Evaluating resources in all formats
- Citing sources in MLA, APA and other standard formats.
- BOOK AND PERIODICAL ACQUISITION REQUESTS Students, faculty and staff. Suggestion/Complaint notebook is located at the Information Services Desk, submitted through the Suggestion Box of the online catalog or the Eastfield College Library Materials Request Form. Faculty suggestions may be submitted to Karla Greer or any of the Reference staff in writing or via email or web form, and are subject to DCCCD Materials Selection Policy.
- DISTANCE LEARNING Library Catalog, Online Databases, LibGuides, Research Guides, FAQs and special tutorials all available through the Eastfield College Library web site. Additional special assistance is via the Help feature and Ask a Librarian.
- LIBGUIDES are subject guides in electronic format designed for specific course content and assignments. LibGuides provide research assistance and resources to on-campus and distance learning students by supporting both in-class and online instruction. Custom made LibGuides are available for instructors upon request.
- MAGAZINES, JOURNALS, AND NEWSPAPERS Library use only. Print format must be used in the Library and may not be checked out. To request back issues from the Reference Staff, an Eastfield, other DCCCD, or picture ID is required. Periodicals are retained in print for at least one year.
Back to Top
- BLOCK STATUS AND REMOVAL Circulation Services Desk at 972-860-7168.
- HOLD SERVICE FOR BOOKS may be placed online on a circulating item that is currently checked out. At the screen showing the book needed, click Request on the top toolbar. Fill in name and student/employee ID. Choose home campus for pick up location. Click Submit at bottom of screen. Notification is made by email when the item is available.
- INTERCOLLEGE LOANS may be obtained through the Request function of the Library online catalog. This allows patrons to request materials from any DCCCD campus. The user's name and ID are required. Requested items are usually received within 5 - 10 working days. For more information see the Guidelines for Interlibrary/Intercollege Loans.
- INTERLIBRARY LOANS Circulating materials or magazine articles available at libraries outside of the DCCCD may be obtained through the Interlibrary Loan function of the Library Online Catalog. The user's name and ID are required. Requested items are usually received within 6 weeks. For more information see the Guidelines for Interlibrary/Intercollege Loans.
- RENEWALS AND OVERDUE MATERIALS Before a final due date, borrowers receive a courtesy reminder via email with an option to renew overdue items on or before the due date. If another user has requested the item or you have already renewed the item once, you may not be able to renew. Renewals may also be done through the My Library Account function of the Library Online Catalog, in person or by telephone. Return overdue items at the Book Drop located at the Information Desk. All blocks on lost or overdue items are cleared at the Circulation Desk.
- TEXSHARE is a cooperative program through the state of Texas that provides direct access and limited borrowing privileges to TexShare card holders at member libraries. TexShare is available to DCCCD students currently enrolled in credit courses and all DCCCD staff and faculty. Application for a TexShare card must be made through the home campus library. Students and staff at Eastfield may apply in person at the Information Services Desk. An Eastfield ID or picture ID is required. For more information, please view the TexShare web site.
Back to Top
Media / Reserve Collection
Instructor's Reserves is a collection of print and non-print materials including some textbooks, copies of articles, syllabi, supplemental books, and anatomy/biology/geology models made available for students. Other print and non-print items are on Reserve as well. All reserve materials are for library use only. An Eastfield, other DCCCD, or photo ID is required.
- Selected TEXTBOOKS, REQUIRED READING, and MEDIA placed on reserve by faculty for student use.
- ANATOMY MODELS Biology. Two-hour check out for in-library use only.
- GEOLOGY SETS Geology. Two-hour check out for in-library use only.
- DVDs and VHS Classroom Collection. Viewing stations are onsite.
- ITV - Instructional Television Course Videos in-library use, two day check out to two items per person. Telecourse Semester sets for self-paced courses are available after Orientation. A paid fee receipt and ID must be presented before semester loans.
Back to Top